Kimberly began her career working at Brown & Wood, LLP, a large firm in New York City. In 2002, she joined the Nassau County District Attorney's Office where she tried numerous cases to verdict. She joined her father Richard's practice in 2005.
At Lerner & Lerner, P.C., she handles most of the criminal matters, including felonies, misdemeanors, and traffic violations, and assists Richard with all other matters. She is active in the Nassau County Bar Association and served on the Board of Directors from 2010-2013. She also formerly served as the head of its District Court Committee. Currently, she has been given the honor of serving on both the grievance committee and judiciary committee of the Nassau County Bar Association. Kimberly lectures frequently to members of the Nassau County Bar Association and was chosen by Senator Fuscillo to speak to high school students about DWI.
Ms. Lerner is a featured legal correspondent for a variety of national news programs, including Fox News, CNN and MSNBC and other local television news programs. She has appeared on numerous shows including The O'Reilly Factor, Hannity & Colmes, The Line Up, Scarborough Country, Live with Rita Cosby, Fox News Live, The Live Desk, Kendall's Court, Studio B with Sheppard Smith, Nancy Grace, The Big Story with John Gibson, The Strategy Room, The Neil Cavuto Show and Lou Dobbs. Channel 12 News, NBC News, CBS News, Fox News and ABC News.
Kimberly holds the prestigious AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, and was selected to the list of Super Lawyer's Rising Stars in New York for 2013.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- New York, 1999
Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1998
University of Michigan
- B.A. - 1995
- CLE Lecturer, Nassau Bar Association, Speaker for High School Students: Ramifications of choices young people make; DWI Discussion at Seaford High School
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer’s Rising Stars in New York
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Nassau Bar Association, Chairwoman, District Court Committee, 2006 to 2006
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member, Board of Directors, 2010 to 2013
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member, Judiciary Committee
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member, Grievance Committee
Past Employment Positions
- Brown & Wood, LLP
- Nassau County District Attorney's Office, 2002