Nassau County Misdemeanor Lawyer
Fear and uncertainty set in following an arrest for a misdemeanor crime, regardless of the severity. Important decisions must be made in a short period of time, and you can’t afford to delay talking to a Nassau County criminal defense attorney. Resolving these criminal matters without an attorney puts you at a disadvantage in dealing with police and prosecutors.
When you call Lerner & Lerner, P.C. for help, we take the time to meet with you, listen to you, and provide you with the award-winning legal counsel you need to move forward with confidence. As former prosecutors, we have an in-depth understanding of how the criminal justice system works, and we know how to make it work for you.
Types of Misdemeanor Offenses
At Lerner & Lerner, P.C., our experienced Nassau County criminal defense lawyers take a direct and honest approach with our clients facing misdemeanor criminal charges. Depending on the misdemeanor, it could remain on your permanent record for the rest of your life. Whether you have been wrongfully accused or a good person who made a bad decision, we provide you with realistic advice to help you make informed decisions and safeguard your future.
We represent clients facing a wide variety of misdemeanors, including (but not limited to):
- DWI/drunk driving
- Aggravated DWI
- Assault and domestic violence
- Prostitution and solicitation
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Petty theft, larceny and shoplifting
- Drug crimes, including possession and sale of controlled substances
What are the Penalties for Misdemeanor Crimes in Nassau County?
Don’t let the name “misdemeanor” fool you – misdemeanor charges are nothing to laugh at. While the consequences are not as severe as those of a felony charge, a misdemeanor conviction can still yield painful consequences, such as:
- 364 days in jail, up to $1,000 in fines, and up to three years of probation for Class A misdemeanors (probation may be as long as six years for cases involving misdemeanor sexual assault)
- 90 days in jail and up to $500 in fines (or double the amount gained by the defendant in cases involving theft), and up to one year for Class B misdemeanors
- Mandatory restitution or reparations, as ordered by a judge
In addition to serving your sentence, having a misdemeanor on your criminal record can also prevent you from pursuing gainful employment or higher education. Misdemeanor charges are anything but insignificant and carry serious penalties. Legal representation is important to help even the odds.
Why Choose Lerner & Lerner, P.C. for Your Misdemeanor Crimes Defense?
When facing misdemeanor charges in Nassau County, it is crucial to have experienced and knowledgeable attorneys on your side. At Lerner & Lerner, P.C., we specialize in criminal defense and have a proven track record of successfully representing clients in misdemeanor cases.
Here are a few reasons why you should choose us for your misdemeanor crimes defense:
- Expertise: Our team of attorneys has years of experience handling misdemeanor cases in Nassau County. We are familiar with the local courts, judges, and prosecutors, allowing us to build a strong defense strategy tailored to your specific case.
- Personalized Approach: We understand that every case is unique, and we take the time to listen to your side of the story. We will thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding your charges, gather evidence, and build a strong defense to protect your rights.
- Aggressive Representation: We are dedicated to fighting for your rights and will aggressively advocate for you throughout the legal process. Our attorneys are skilled negotiators and trial lawyers, prepared to take your case to court if necessary.
- Client-Focused Service: At Lerner & Lerner, P.C., we prioritize our clients' needs and provide personalized attention and support throughout the entire legal process. We will keep you informed about the progress of your case, answer any questions you may have, and provide guidance every step of the way.
- Proven Results: Our firm has a track record of achieving favorable outcomes for our clients in misdemeanor cases. We have successfully had charges reduced, cases dismissed, and negotiated favorable plea agreements. We will work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Protect Your Rights Today. Call Our Nassau County Misdemeanor Crimes Attorneys for Help
Our objective is to have charges dismissed or not-guilty verdicts. However, certain cases require us to pursue plea bargains and minimize the consequences you face. However, we will try cases if we cannot agree with prosecutors. You need that level of dedicated legal advocacy when the stakes are high.
Our attorneys are well-known for helping clients identify realistic legal goals and obtain them. We have successfully handled thousands of cases for our clients and will fight tirelessly to ensure your rights are protected.
Kimberly Lerner is widely recognized in the news media as a trusted authority on numerous legal topics. She is a featured legal correspondent on a variety of national news programs.
Both Richard Lerner and Kimberly Lerner hold the AV Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest distinction given to lawyers in this prestigious peer review.
Our experience as Former Prosecutors allows us to understand the prosecution’s position against our criminal defense clients and leverage practical solutions. We are also backed by 70 years of combined legal experience.